Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using JQL in Automation to identifiy requests that come in one Tuesdays between 1 and 2pm

Marcus Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2023

I have a very specific request and I'll explain what I'm trying to do as someone here may have a much better idea that I have. I have a use case where service desk agents do not want to receive tickets during a time the business is allotting for them to do other tasks. I currently use a workload based rule to assign issues to agents. I need to be able to check the date and time on an issue and NOT assign it to a particular user during that time. For example, every Tuesday between 1pm and 2pm "Sam" (a service desk agent) should not be assigned any tasks. I'm thinking once I figure that part out I can just make a branch for each agent in the automation checking the date/time and then assigning them or not assigning them appropriately. 

Hope this makes sense!

3 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Supraja Alleni
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2023

Hi @Marcus Jones ,

I see we already have a potential answer, so the approach would be to introduce an if condition check before getting into the Assign Issue Action, and check if it's a certain day( let's say Thursday) and a certain time (let's say between "3 to 7"), then Assign the issue to the ones in the user list.Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 2.56.24 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-03-23 at 2.56.34 PM.png

Regards,

Supraja

Marcus Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023

This was way simpler than I was making it out to be! This worked perfectly for my use case!

Like Supraja Alleni likes this
2 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2023

You should be able to do this using automation and smart values. Here is an example of an automation that checks the hour the issue was created and logs it in the audit log before assigning based on the on-call schedule that we have in Opsgenie:

Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 2.10.37 PM.png

To check the day you can convert the date to the day like this {{issue.created.dayOfWeekName}} and then use that in the if/else condition.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2023

We used to manage everything within the automation, so if someone was on PTO/sick leave/etc the automation had to be updated accordingly. Now we are using the on-call scheduler in Opsgenie. Unfortunately automation does not support if you have multiple users on-call at the same time, so I am using tray.io to get the list on users on-call and then assign the issue based on round-robin.

Marcus Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2023

Thanks for your answer @Mikael Sandberg

This solution worked for me as well!

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
1 vote
Marcus Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2023

Also if there is a different/better way to manage schedules i.e. lunch breaks, PTO, etc, I'm all ears (or should I say eyes...)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events