Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Form Selections to create Automations

Michele Bazzani November 10, 2022

Good Morning fellow Atlassians,

We recently launched our helpdesk, and there have been requests for the forms we use to trigger the creation of subtasks/tasks.

As I understand, the form is attached to but not a part of the ticket; therefore, no smart values or JQL can capture the selections.

My example is a new hire employee
The New Hire form includes a ton of information about the new hire and the software, hardware, and physical needs at onboarding. Not every new hire gets the same access.  My team is asking if there is a way to see what was selected on the form by the reporter and have those selections trigger an automation that creates and assigns out the tickets by the group.

I have looked at Dynamic forms, but that does not seem to be doing what I need it to do as customers submit these forms via the portal. I have placed a screencap of it below.

Any thoughts?Screenshot 2022-11-10 095634.png

Thanks
-M

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 11, 2022

Hi, @Michele Bazzani !

You can use the Conditional Step feature from Business Process Manager add-on. You need to create a dynamic form using Form logic and add a Conditional step.image.png

So, next time, when the assignee chose a certain option in the form, the system will start a new issue in another department or the same, up to you.

My team has developed Jira BPM to optimize and standardize recurring procedures, such as onboarding

To find the best solution in your case, book a demo call with BPM product manager.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2022

Currently your only option is to link the question to a Jira field in order to be able to trigger an automation on it. Atlassian is working on an API for forms, so hopefully when that is released you could trigger the automation based on issue created and then use the API to get data from the form. Currently the API is scheduled for Q1-Q2 2023 based on the public roadmap.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events