Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Cloud but layout seems server version in the KB portal?

Will_y_ De Vos January 6, 2022

Hello community, 

First of all...Happy 2022!! 

we are starting to implement the KB functionality from Jira Service Desk so pretty newby regarding this functionality. 

But...I was wondering why even though we are in the Cloud version we still have the old Server views (ugly fonts, buttons big & thick, What You See is not What You Get ;-) )

Screen 1 = View in the KB (appears old, fonts, images, layout)

Screen 2 = Edit in Confluence (much nicer)

Does anyone has an idea...or a suggestion regarding this?

KB_Visualisation_appears_old_Server_fonts_layout.pngConfluence_Editor_Cloud.png

2 answers

2 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2022

Hi @Will_y_ De Vos 

Confluence Cloud is something that has improved a lot along with Jira Software and Jira Service Management in the last couple of years.

Currently, Confluence rich editor features are not embedded into JSM. It's in Roadmap

So for some time, you are still going to see the display of pages which was showing earlier 

Thanks,
Pramodh

Will_y_ De Vos January 10, 2022

Thanks for your feedback Pramodh.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2022

That looks like a Cloud system to me, I'm not sure what you think is wrong with it?

Could you confirm you are on Cloud though?  Is the URL definitely <omething>.atlassian.net?

Will_y_ De Vos January 10, 2022

Hi Nic,

indeed we are on the cloud version.

The reason for this post is that the 'published' article is not so 'styled' as in the Confluence editor.

You can see this best in the 'statuses' that are used for each article (default, setting, client...).

In the editor, they are slim and not so 'in your face' than in the view.

Thanks for your insights,

regards,

Will

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events