Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User with agent permissions but 'There are currently no project role associations for this user.'

Michael Blackmon June 7, 2024

According to all Jira screens but one, we have a user who is a part of our service desk team. In the Project settings --> People --> Roles the user is listed as Service Desk Team. In User Management, the user is included as a member of the jira-servicemanagement-users group, and is granted access to the Jira Service Management product as a 'User (agent)'.

BUT, when I go over to the user's Product Access, to the three dots across from Jira Service Management, and click 'view jira project roles', the 'View Project Roles for User' screen looks like this: 

Screenshot 2024-06-07 153753.png

Sure enough, this is true. The user does not have any agent access to the service project. They cannot view the project, create issues, add comments, or edit things in any way.

I was able to find a work-around by editing the service project's permission scheme and manually adding this user to each service desk team permission. But I am worried other users added to the project will have similar access issues, and I want a more long-term solution for this problem. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2024

Hi Michael - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

So you are saying they are in a project role on the project, but the project does not recognize them? Did you try the Permission Helper for the project to see what it says for something like Browse Project permission? 

Michael Blackmon June 12, 2024

Yes. The project says they are an agent, but they were not able to do any of the things an agent can do. I did try the permission helper, it is the only other screen in Jira where the user's lack of access is evident. 

helper 3.png

Again, I did workaround this block by adding the user manually to all of the permission an agent normally has (Browse project, Create issue, etc.). Even when I use the permission helper to test permissions I already manually granted, the Project Role is still an 'X', failed condition, that my permission scheme editing overrides.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2024

Is it possible to share a screenshot of the project roles for the project for that user? Which roles does the user occupy? And are they in the roles by name? Or as a part of a group?

Michael Blackmon June 13, 2024

Thanks, sure thing. Here are screenshots from Project settings and User management. I do notice in the 'People' section of project settings, this user's full email is their username, and the profile is a generic avatar whereas the others on my team are initials. Not sure if this could have anything to do with this problem.

Jira User roles.pngjira project roles.png

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2024

Thanks for providing that. You should go ahead and open a support ticket with Atlassian. Only they will be able to tell you why the permissions are not recognizing him in the Project Role. Please post back here with the resolution for future readers. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Good luck!

0 votes
Stevan Mandić
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2024

@Michael Blackmon  could you please share your project permissions scheme and also your global permission scheme?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events