Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use automation to add to the list of options within a custom field type "Select List (single choice)

Seb Farfan June 21, 2021

Hi there, I am having a problem with automations.

I use a jira workflow to create a register of approved suppliers, which I would like to use as a Select list (single choice) in other tickets.

I have a custom field called "customfield_10065", Type is "Select List (single choice)", which I use in the issuetype = "bug_description".

To explain the approved supplier register... For example, if someone in the company would like to use microsoft services, they must first create a jira ticket issuetype = "supplier_approval", which is reviewed by the appropriate authorities before approval, before moving to status = "done" when approved.

I would like to use the summary values from this list of approved suppliers as the "options" within customfield_10065. My idea is to use a transition rule, something like the below:

When "supplier_approval" moves to status "done", then add the summary of supplier approval to the list of options for customfield_10065.

I can't find a way of doing this via the automations today. Have I missed something? Can someone help me.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

AFAIK, you cannot use Automation to change/modify/effect the available choices of a select list field.

I am wondering if either using a cascading select field or multiple select fields would work for your requirements?

nmenere
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2021

This is correct, Automation focuses on end user automation rather than admin or config changes.

Cheers,
Nick Menere
Automation Group Product Manager

Seb Farfan June 22, 2021

Thanks for taking the time to look into this Jack and nmenere. That's disappointing for my use case, but it's really helpful to know that I need to think of a different way of solving my problem. Cheers, Seb.

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2021

Hello @nmenere ,

this is anvesh,

we are interested copy a field value from one single choice field to another single value field for the same issue type by using automation.

but the automation rules thrown the below error

--------------------------------------
Error editing issues
FSP-14 (Specify a valid 'id' or 'name' for FSP 2 (customfield_10419))

-------------------------------

when we run automation for text fields, it went well.

for single choice dropdown system throwing an error.

Thanks,

Kagithala babu Anvesh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events