cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use a Jira Form to set the status on a Sub-Task

Michael Engelsen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 18, 2024

I would like the ability to create a sub-task & set the (issue) status, based on the results within a Jira Form. I envision this being done via a (special) multiple choice question.

The multiple choice options should mirror an existing workflow scheme. The dropdown choices should (only) include the initial status and the statuses that are enabled to "allow all statuses to transition to this one". (See attachment)

Screenshot 2024-09-18 at 2.38.14 PM.png

By default, the name of the sub-task should match the name of the multiple choice question. (It should be possible to set a custom sub-task name.)

By default, any sub-task that is created should be linked to a parent ticket. The parent ticket should be set to the ticket that is created (as a result of submitting the Jira Form).

It should be possible to include many (special) multiple choice questions in the Jira Form, which will create multiple sub-tasks. (But all sub-tasks would still be associated to the same parent ticket.)

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events