Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating an insight object attribute from an insight object value selected on a form

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2022

Hi there,

I have a small form where a user can select a Technical Service which is an insight custom field.  

From the same form there are three more insight fields, which are components of this service that can change.

These three fields lookup values from a 'meta data' schema in insight but are associated with the Technical Service.

What I want to do in automation is update the the insight object attributes with what was selected on the form after the issue transitions away from waiting for approval.

I am just not sure what to put in the automation to tell JSM to update the relevant attribute for the selected Technical Service with those that were selected on the form in the drop down boxes.

I have used an Edit Insight field attributes action, but it keeps erroring out.

I put the 'Insight Field' from the form and the attribute is the first one (as a test) on the Object in insight.

It just errors out

Attribute cannot be found on Objects
IEA-78 (Laptop = MacBook Pro - 16 Space Gray)
Error updating Object(s)

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2022

I was selecting the incorrect Insight field in the first drop down.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events