Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Assets Object Type fields based on the value in another field

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2022

Hi there,

Second attempt at this question worded better.

I am importing objects into an IT Assets schema.  A persons name (owner_d) and an asset name (model_d) is being imported.  These are being imported just into text fields.  The schema has a attributes for the Owner and Model and these are objects as they are references to other Assets schemas.

I am trying to craft an automation that every time an asset/s are imported into 'Assets' it will take the value of owner_d and model_d, match that to the Name of in the parent schema, store the key and then update the newly imported objects attributes with the key value on the Object type field to bind them to be used within Jira issues.Capture.JPG

So ultimately I would like to update Model and Owner with the KEY value found in the upward referenced objects.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2022

Maybe in automation somehow, use the value of Owner_d to lookup the name in People to then pull back the key to update in Owner?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events