Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unregistered customers needs tickets notification emails

Darwin Bulawan August 3, 2021

Hi everyone.

I've got a scenario relevant to this. 

Here it goes: A customer email address has been added to a Jira service project. The customer opted not to sign-up to the Jira portal but wanted to get notified with all the updates of the ticket raised. The project admin sees the captured email address under the reporter field and made sure that all notifications are enabled for the customer. 

Question: Why is that the customer does not receive any updates via emails to the ticket raised? Is it always a prerequisite for the customer to sign up to Jira to receive notifications?

I'd love to hear your thoughts to this. 

Thank you. 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2021

Can you verify if the customer request type is set and is the customer the Reporter?

Darwin Bulawan August 5, 2021

Yes that is correct. Customer Request Type is set and customer = reporter. @Jack Brickey 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2021

If the agent replies to the email notification from JSM on issue creation does the customer get notified? I’m just trying to determine whether the customer gets notified from email and not from updates into the application itself via public comments.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events