Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unified Intake

Kristen Mann
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 13, 2022

Hello!

My organization currently has several teams, each with their own service desk intake. I would like to create a "wrapper" on top of the individual teams to serve as a single starting point for any internal customer/team. 

The goal is to start out at this top layer, customer answers some questions, based on questions, they are routed automatically to the downstream team and their existing service desk. At that point, the customer would answer the set of questions for that team's intake.

Is this possible? If so, can someone please share the documentation? I've not had any luck so far.

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022

Hi @Kristen Mann and welcome to the community!

This is possible, but there will be a few "devil in the details" you'd need to sort out.  Here's how I'd approach it at a high level:

based on questions, they are routed automatically to the downstream team and their existing service desk

Customers would create a request on the intake project, but I would have customer notifications turned off as this step only serves as a temporary placeholder.  Based upon the details captured in that request, you could leverage automation to auto-generate the actual request in the appropriate project, copy relevant data, and close out the intake request.  The customer would only see the automatically generated request.

At that point, the customer would answer the set of questions for that team's intake.

Since you're on server, you'll want the Proforma marketplace app. You could again leverage automation so that when the issue is first created from the intake project, it attaches a form and prompts the customer to provide extra information. 

Some of those "devlish details":

• It won't be possible to hide the individual team portals so you'd need to establish a mechanism that makes it clear that this is not where users should be generating requests
  • If you don't want users to see a history of their "intake requests" in their "My Requests" view you'll probably need to add a step to change the reporter as the issues are closed out
  • You may want to leverage Insight to help with the automation so that you don't end up with monolithic rules in danger of hitting component limits.  I'd recommend an object schema for projects that includes each project id, key, issue type id, etc. that you can use in the clone action to dynamically set the target project/issue type rather than a massive series of If/Else conditions

So, yes... It's possible, but it may not be practical depending upon your solution needs.  

Kristen Mann
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 14, 2022

Hi @Mark Segall and thank you for the warm welcome!

I greatly appreciate the thoughtful and detailed response above. It has given me a lot to think about and if the original idea is something we should stick with or if we take an alternate route. 

Have a great day!

Kristen

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events