Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update Insight Object through the Insight Server REST API

Marcel Nasuti September 14, 2022

Hi,

I want to update an object through the REST API. The URL I'm using for the Request is

https://$jira/rest/insight/1.0/object/$objectid

Get on this works - I get the object back. Now according to the documentation for the Insight Server https://insight-javadoc.riada.io/insight-javadoc-8.6/insight-rest/# , I should also be able to use a Put on this URL, however it does not work and instead just gives me a 404 Not found.

Anybody know what to do?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marcel Nasuti September 18, 2022

Solution found: You need to add charset=utf-8 to your Headers when sending the Put. 

0 votes
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

Hello @Marcel Nasuti ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You haven't told us if you added a JSON envelope with attributes and their new values.  Also, did you add ObjectType ID?

Thanks for the quick anwser - sorry, forgot to mention that, yes I did, looks like this: image.png

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

The form looks correct.  At this point, I would double-check the following.

1. See if all of the IDs are correct.

2. You didn't mention what kind of attribute is tied to objectTypeAttributeId 10259055.  I'm just wondering if it's text or something that has it's own ID, like a global status.

Thanks for confirming that that looks ok - 

1) Double checked, the numbers are all correct

2)It's a simple text field.

But is the JSON Body really that relevant? Shouldn't the 404 not found be the result of the Insight Server for whatever reason not responding to the Put on the same URL it responds to the Get?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events