Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see done issues in JSM board

Ayush Lawania May 6, 2024

I have setup my board to hide done issues after 1week, but when I click in view older issues it shows error.
See the below screenshot:
Screenshot 2024-05-06 205001.png

Does hiding issues delete them completely?

Settings screenshot:
Screenshot 2024-05-06 205210.png

3 answers

1 vote
Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2024

Hi @Ayush Lawania 

they are certainly not deleted. Interesting message anyway.

I just tried that out and have the same behaviour. It looks like the Link is putting together a really random JQL search that results in that error.

You can find older issues by either clicking the "issues" tab in your project or just use the normal search and filter for your project and closed issues, for instance with:

project = xxx and status = Done

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2024

FYI: I let the Atlassian Team know of this issue so they can investigate further

Like Laurie Sciutti likes this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2024

Hi @Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_ ~ I used a URL encoder and found that when that older issues link is clicked, there is a { symbol in the URL that shouldn't be (indicated by the %7D shown below.)

https://yoursitename.atlassian.net/issues/%7D?jql=

If I remove that portion, the JQL works fine for me.  Can you include this in your correspondence with the Atlassian Team?

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2024

Hi all,

Sorry for the inconvenience here, I created a bug for this behavior over in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-26708

I would expect that ticket should be updated once this has been resolved.

Andy

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2024

Thanks @Andy Heinzer !

0 votes
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2024

Hello @Ayush Lawania ~ this looks more like a permissions or Security Levels issue.  Assuming you are the Jira Admin, check the Permissions Scheme and Issue Security Schemes to determine if on of those reasons are the culprit.  Another thing to check is Archiving.  It may be that some older issues have been archived.  A quick check to determine if this is the cause, is to enter a direct link to an older issue (i.e. https://yoursitename.atlassian.net/browse/ABC-1).  HTH

@Laurie Sciutti what exactly you want me to check in permission and issue security scheme?

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2024

Hello @Ayush Lawania ~ you can disregard.  @Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_ is on the right track.  A workaround for you is:  after you click the View Older Issues link, manually update the URL to exclude the %7D portion that shows just before the jql=.  That is adding a { character that shouldn't be included. 

https://yoursitename.atlassian.net/issues/%7D?jql=

So the beginning of your URL should look something like this:

https://yoursitename.atlassian.net/issues/?jql=

@Laurie Sciutti thanks for the work around but this would be possible for me to do and check done issues like this, but my team is not that use to of using Jira, is there a permanent fix for this issue?

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2024

Hi @Ayush Lawania ~ it appears to be a Bug.  @Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_ has reported it to Atlassian so the fix is dependent on them.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events