Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find custom field in workflow condition "Value Field"

Javier Peraita April 18, 2024

Hello,

I am trying to set a condition for the custom field "CE". The transition should only happen in case CE >= 1. We have set this condition in other workflows in the past, but when we try to type CE in the field section it does not show up: there is a limited list of custom fields but CE is not one of them.

Can someone assist with a solution? Thank you!

CONDITION.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

Hi Javier,

It's probably there but there are a lot of other fields that include those two characters and so they are showing first.

If you scroll down on the list, do you still not see it? 

If not, I would suggest you rename the field so it has some more meaning and stands out. 

If this is a number field, maybe even call it CE Number or CE # - then you should be able to find it with the search. 

Javier Peraita April 18, 2024

Hello @John Funk

I have scrolled down the list but it still does not show up. We had already thought of changing the name, but the problem is that this field already affects 20+ conditions in other workflows and 10+ automations, so it is not the ideal solution.

Any other solution in mind?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

One option might be to put a period at the end of the time - just long enough to be able to select it for the Condition. Get the workflow updated and then change the name back. I would do that after hours though so that other automations or workflows using it would not be hit during that time. Not sure how dangerous that would really be either. So try that at your own risk. 

Another option would be to create another custom field and not put it on any screen. Then copy the CE value to it when it is created/updated. Then use that new field in your Condition. 

Neither option is good. I would probably risk the first one though. 

Like Javier Peraita likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events