Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create an Automation Rule in Jira Cloud Service Management Project

sjatla September 28, 2021

Unable to create an Automation Rule in Jira Cloud Service Management Project

Requirement is to view all support ticket raised by the customers within their organization in Customer Support Portal.

Currently, in our Customer Support Portal, the customer is able to see the support tickets raised by him/her but unable to see the tickets raised by others irrespective of the ticket status.

As per the below article, we can achieve this by creating a new rule. But under my login, unable to select the “create a custom rule”.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-do-we-allow-Service-Desk-customers-to-view-all-open-tickets/qaq-p/1300805

I am the administrator and not getting option to " Create a Custom Rule". 

Can some one throw light how to create Custom Rule in Automation?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2021

I am not familiar with “create a custom rule”.  If you have the necessary permissions…

1. project settings
  2. automation
  3. Create rule

if you do not see Automation then you do not have the necessary Jira admin permissions. Speak to your Jira admin.

sjatla September 30, 2021

We are using Jira Cloud System. I am the Project Admin for Jira and Project Lead for the project. Still unable to get the option of "create a custom rule". Pls verify the below screenshot:Automation- Create New Custom Rule.JPG

Natalia Trofimov January 12, 2022

sjatla, we have the same issue in a new site. How was it resolved?

thank you, Natalia

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events