How do we allow Service Desk customers to view all open tickets in a project?

Tareque Ahmed February 13, 2020

Hi,

We are on JIRA for the Cloud.

Currently, service desk customers can only view the tickets they raise themselves on the portal and cannot view any tickets raised by us (tech support team) on behalf of them on the same project.

We have tried to raise a request on behalf of the customer but they do not get a link sent to them for the ticket nor can they view it when they log into portal

4 answers

1 vote
Andrej Pusenjak July 22, 2021

You can also add customers in the same organization.

Check the settings in menu "Products --> Jira Service Management --> Configuration". Option "Organization management --> Should new requests automatically be shared with a customer's organization?" should be set to "Yes, ... ". 

Every new request will be shared with organization. All people in organization will see the ticket.

1 vote
Aileen Grant August 20, 2020

an extra tip is that the customer will not see the issue unless the request type is completed and they are also a requested participant. The issue needs to be tied to a portal request type before the customer can see it as a requested participant. This is only relevant when the create button is used by an agent to creat the ticket

0 votes
Chadd Wheat May 27, 2021

I did this:

1. Create an automation rule in that project

2. When ticket is created, add specific user as participant.

emmanuelle.galdin August 2, 2021

Hello @Chadd Wheat - could you share how you created the automation rule? 

Chadd Wheat August 2, 2021

Sure @emmanuelle.galdin -- I did the following:

1. Go to the Project in JSM

2. Select Project Settings

3. Select Automation

4. Click on Create Rule

5. For trigger, use "Issue Created", and "Save".

6. Then, select "New Action" and "Edit issue"

7.  Under "Choose fields to Set", select "Request Participants".

8.  Select the customers/users you want to see the ticket.

9.  Click "Save", name your rule, and "Publish Changes."

Now, when a new issue is created, the people you added in Step 8 will be able to see, comments, etc. on that issue.

Hope that helps,

Thx,
Chadd

Like # people like this
emmanuelle.galdin August 2, 2021

Thanks Chadd!

Very helpful.

Like Chadd Wheat likes this
Padah JIRA March 8, 2023

Hi @Chadd Wheat ,

Can we add Jira users group in Request Participant? 

Like # people like this
0 votes
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2020

Hi @Tareque Ahmed 
I believe if you add customers as a participant to the individul Jira issue, then they should be able to see it - so you may need to do this manually to all issues that you would like them to see.

Jira service desk wasn't built with the idea that the customers would be able to view all of the issues within Jira, as this is usually just for the service desk agents, so there is no easy way of doing this as far as I'm aware

Suggest an answer