Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Different paths in workflow based on some fields

Mohamed Saad Taha January 19, 2023

Dears,

Is there any Idea to make two different paths in same workflow based on some fields in the request?

BR,

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2023

The best way to do this is with "conditions" in the workflow.

If, for example, you have a field with options of red, green, and blue, then you set up your workflow so that you have the transitions

• To-do -> in-progress with red team
  • To-do -> in-progress with green or blue team

Then you can put a condition on the first one for "only allow if team set to red", and a condition on the second for "only allow if team not set to red".

Another way to do it might be to have an automation that looks at the field and moves the issue into the right status if a user gets it wrong.

Mohamed Saad Taha January 22, 2023

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  thank you for your reply but let me know more details 

Iam using JSM datacenter version 

which condition did you used also the condition is on transition so the same button in portal will send the request to next phase based on the condition correct?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2023

It does not work that way.

You create two transitions with names as similar as possible to each other.  A condition removes the transition from the list if it is not met, so you will only ever see one transition.

I've almost always done this sort of thing with Scriptrunner conditions.  I remember that I had to write my own app to work with custom field based conditions in Jira 2, and I don't believe there are any built-in conditions that check custom fields (the built-in ones mostly work with users), so you will probably need to find an app that can add something.

Like Mohamed Saad Taha likes this
0 votes
Mohamed Saad Taha January 19, 2023

for example it department filed = IT the request go to this flow and if it is other value to go through other flow 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events