Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off "Participant added" notification for user

Maciej Wojtasiński January 27, 2023

Is there a way to turn off only one particular customer notification ("Participant added") for certain user or myself without changing project settings?

Or more generally: Is there any option to edit customer notification preferences on user end?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2023

HI @Maciej Wojtasiński 

A customer/participant cannot manage notifications themselves for events, but you can specify recipients for the Participant added event: 

• Added participants
  • Reporter (customer)
  • Customers involved

A customer/participant can opt out of notifications on a specific portal request though.

It requires changing project settings for whole project which I don't want to do.

It is impossible then? At least in Jira. Precise mail filter will be my next guess.

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2023

You can disable the Participant added notification separately if that's what you mean. In that case, no one would receive that notification.

With the options I provided above, how would that not suit your need?

What are your current settings for this event in the project?

Currently, Participant added notification is ON for Added participants and I want to keep it that way. There is just one user who is getting tons of "Someone added you as a participant" notifications but still wants to keep the rest of notifications.

0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2023

Hi @Maciej Wojtasiński ,

Is there any option to edit customer notification preferences on user end?
-- No

Workaround:
Go to project settings --> Customer notification 
Disable "Participant added" notification. 

Please note: This will disable for all users and tickets in the project. 

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2023

@Maciej Wojtasiński

Out of the box, customer emails contain a link to disable request notifications. I would assume this would turn off the Participant added notification, but I don't know for sure. Customers would need to use this link for each request where they wanted notifications disabled though.

Thanks,

Kian

It will turn off every possible notification for only one issue. That's not the resolution because I want to turn off only "Participant added" and keep the rest of customer notifications. And for all the issues.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events