Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off captcha forever for particular servicedesk project

Milda Tubyte May 19, 2022

Hello.

Could Jira support turn off captcha forever for my team service desk project?

It does not allow us to use JIRA Rest API POST request to create new service desk issue. 

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There's no way to do this.  An account does not log into a project, it logs into the system.  When someone or something tries to log in, there's no way Jira can know what project it is wanting to look at.

Captcha is a user security thing, not a project protection.

However, Captcha is mostly triggered when an account gets it login wrong too many times - that's a sign of a btute-force attack (there's a few other things that can trigger it, but too many failed logins is the main one).  

If you can reset the failed login count, then the Captcha will go away.  The only way I can think of doing that in Cloud is to log in the account manually, in a browser, pass the Captcha test and then log out.

Milda Tubyte May 19, 2022

Hello, 

Thank you for your answer, though I don't quite understand why I get a captcha if I don't use any login.

I want to create an issue without a user login. 

I am using:

https://mycompanyname.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/3/create/86

endpoint with POST action and x-www-form-urlencoded body with such values: (keyValuePairs):

email - "fake.email@test.com"

summary - "test"

priority - "3"

projectId - "ourProjectId".

After the post request, I got the invalid captcha - errorMessage: "We couldn't verify that you're not a robot. Try sending the request again."

What could be behind this?

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2022

Ok, well, that's the wrong way to create a request via code, you should really be using the REST API (see https://docs.atlassian.com/jira-servicedesk/REST/3.6.2/#servicedeskapi/request-createCustomerRequest )

What do you get if you hit that URL with a browser?  What are you entering there?

Milda Tubyte May 25, 2022

Hello.

The link mycompanyname.atlassian.net/serivcedesk/customer/portal/3/create/86 directs to our company bug portal.

example-JIRA.png

Any user can create an issue without a login.

I tried to follow provided documentation, but I got unauthorized 401 response.

Endpoint:

rest/servicedeskapi/request

Json body:

example-JIRA-3.png

What could be reason behind this?

Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS