Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to create a form and get all the pieces together

Marcela Rojas September 26, 2022

I am new to Jira Services Management and need to create a few forms and also some custom fields. What should I be creating first? Workflows, screens, issues? Just need some guidance to get things going. Thank you.

3 answers

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2022

@Marcela Rojas -

I agreed with @Fabian Lim ask.  Your reply/clarification will give us more information to assist you further.

In general, one should start with Fields, then Screens, then Request Type.  Afterward you can enhance your Request Type by creating custom FORMs components where you will setup the FORMS and necessary mapping back to your JSM issue's fields.

Workflow would be the last stage where you will touch for customization.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

1 vote
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2022

Hi @Marcela Rojas

Are you referring to the new forms features or are you using the standard request types?

Regards

0 votes
Marcela Rojas September 30, 2022

Hi, thanks for your comments. Basically, our team is in charge to create the emails and list segmentations for all our customer and partner communications. So I am trying to create a form where we are capturing all the information such as email subject line, launch date/time, product groups, solution, content approvals, etc. This is a dynamic more customized form that I need for our stakeholders to fill out.  When I go to Request Types, I don't have the option to create this type of form.  Will this form be visible from the help portal?  Also, do I need to create a specific issue type for this email request?  Thank  you!

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2022

@Marcela Rojas -

The request type configuration will be based on your JSM project's configurations (i.e. fields setups).  Once the JSM project's configuration is setup to your specification, then you can configure the request type to capture/collect the data from your customer, and the request type will be available via the Portal UI to be used as an issue intake process.

It is not clear on what do you mean by "email request"?

Best, Joseph

Marcela Rojas October 19, 2022

Hi, I was able to create a few request types and forms. For the forms I am using the one where you can display fields dynamic base on the response.  

On the issue view of the request type I see fields "Comments", "Description", sometimes "Summary".  The form that I created have those fields, how do I link them so it populates the information on the Issue View?

Also, is there a way to have the dynamic form I created to show at the top of the Issue View ? 

summary in form.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events