Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Allow Anyone to Submit Tickets

Ken Childs September 2, 2021

So I'm going in and trying to create something where anyone (not just logged in users) can submit a ticket in Jira Service Management. I get to the  Can customers access and send requests from the help center without logging in? area and it is greyed out. 

There was a time, not too long ago, where I'd set it to "yes", but now it's reverted back to "no" and there's no changing it.

What's happened and how can I fix this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2021

Hey @Ken Childs and welcome to the community!

There should be a few setting to change to make a log in free portal.

There's a article about it here (little older but should still be relevant) 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/blog/2017/04/introducing-the-login-free-portal-for-jira-service-desk-cloud

Perfect. I suppose that there's not a way to not allow people to set up accounts *and* allow anyone to create a ticket? Either way, this solves a few issues, so thank you for that!

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2021

Well they don't really need to set up an account. If you allow submitting a ticket like this, they will just need to fill out an email address field which then will create the account (albeit rudimentary) based on that email address.

This "account" (being the email) will then be used as the reporter and can be used for communication later on.

it doesn't even need to be a valid email address.

I don't believe there is a way to do it fully anonymous tho..

It does fix a solution to another issue I was having with non-registered emails being able to send, too, which is nice.

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events