Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking the triggered workflows

Usha Ramani June 23, 2021

Hello Team,

I want to know if it is possible to track workflows triggered on a particular ticket?

Thanks & Regards,

Jyothsna.

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2021

Hello @Usha Ramani,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The Workflow is associated with Issue types. On Jira Service Management, the Issue types are also associated with Request types that are what is visible for customers in the customer portal.

With this said, to see what workflows are associated with each issue type:

Company-managed projects:

Go to Project settings > Workflows.

Screen Shot 2021-06-24 at 16.53.58.png

Then, to see what issue types are associated with the request types, go to Project settings > Request types.

Screen Shot 2021-06-24 at 16.54.37.png

Team-managed projects:

On team-managed projects, request types and issue types are the same, so go to Project settings > Request types. On each request type, you will see the “Edit workflow”.

Screen Shot 2021-06-24 at 16.56.26.png

Hope this helps!

If that’s not what you need, please, let us know more details about what you need to track and why, so we can test and provide the correct steps.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Usha Ramani June 28, 2021

Hello @Angélica Luz ,

Thank you for the reply.

I want to create automation in JIRA which will update the JIRA ticket conditionally. Now if i want to check whether the rule is triggered or errored for a particular ticket, i want to know if it is possible to troubleshoot whether the trigger performed successfully or not.

Thanks & Regards,

Jyothsna.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 28, 2021

Hi @Usha Ramani,

Checking the workflow statuses and transitions helps a lot when creating automation.

On Jira Service Management, currently, there are two types of automation: Automation (former Automation for Jira) and Legacy automation (the built-in automation).

On the Automation, you can click on “Audit log” to check if it succeed or failed:

On the Legacy automation, there is an option to “View log”. On the logs, you can also see if it was executed or not or if there was an error. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 13.55.50.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events