cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeline view (in JSM) for incident response post-mortem

Ken Young
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2022

Hi All,

I am looking to see if the Timeline view (in JSM) for incident response post-mortem is in place.  We are currently using it via OpsGenie, but we would like to transition our teams to work 100% out of JSM.   There are two items that are important to us:

• The ability to build/adjust timelines as part of a post incident review
  • Publish the final Post incident report into Confluence.

Thanks

Ken

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2022

Hi @Ken Young

I don't believe this is available yet.  The best chance you have is to link the original incident to the post-review ticket.  Once it's completed, you can push an automation to create a confluence page and link the ticket. Link: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/use-jira-automation-with-confluence/

0 votes
Ken Young
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2022

Hi All,

Thank you for the responses.   We will have to continue to use this feature in OpsGenie unfortunately.  Our goal is be able to identify if a deployment was the issue, the cloud provider, etc. via the Post mortem, and the timeline is critical for this

If there is a request for this on the JSM roadmap, please pass it along so I can upvote it.

Thx

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2022

@Ken Young -

I agreed with @Fabian Lim statement.  Currently the functionality is not available.  Automation for Jira rule creation will be the best workaround.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders