Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time elapsed between the ticket are registered till first comment

Deleted user January 26, 2022

Hello, 

I need select a project "X" and get data about time elapsed between the ticket are registered in Jira till first comment. How to write SQL code? 

select * from jiraissue, project
where project.id = jiraissue.project
and project.pkey = 'X'

2 answers

2 votes
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2022

Hi @[deleted] 

Welcome to the community!

I don't recommend using SQL for this as hitting the database directly might have performance impacts on database indices. On the other hand, JSM comments and JSW comments are stored in separate tables.

In addition to @Fabian Lim 's answer, you can prefer using an app if you want to get results according to the working calendar.

For instance, Enhancer Plugin has First Response Time Calculator, you can define the custom field to calculate the response time (from creation until the first comment) and search/sort against this field within the Issue Navigator. Please bear in mind that I'm one of the folks at Snapbytes/Appfire and I might not be impartial. 

I hope it was helpful,

Tuncay

Deleted user January 27, 2022

Hi, thanks for answer. Unfortunately Enhancer Plugin is paid plugin, So I don't need monitoring tools for all time, I need only for one project. Maybe is some free tool?

1 vote
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2022

Hi @[deleted]

Welcome to the community!

You can accomplish this with jira automation. Take a look at this video to capture the time between creation and first comment: https://youtu.be/S2ary5YG-7w

For the trigger on first comment use this example: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Is-it-possible-to-set-automation-for-the-first-comment-only/qaq-p/1191370

I hope this works

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events