Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

The voting options for customers is not available in my Customer Permissions, please help!

Hello friends,

I was reviewing on how to allow our customers access to voting via the customer portal of JSM, looking at this document: Enabling voting for customers 

However, the option shown to turn it on is not available in my instance!

JSM_CustomerPermissions.png

I do have the voting enabled globally, and the agents can vote, but the customers can not.  I don't know if this is due to a license level or what I am missing.  

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Aug 24, 2021

The documentation you are referring to only applies to JSM Server/Data Center, on Cloud you do not have the option to allow customers to vote on a request. There is a request to have this enabled, JSDCLOUD-1743, and if you want to see if implemented I would recommend that you go and add your vote to it. 

Thanks, I was sure I was overlooking something silly like server vs cloud.  I am relatively new to the Atlassian ecosystem, so still understanding.

Kind of crazy that you can go vote on their features, but we can't have our customers vote on our features!

Maybe I am just looking at this from the wrong angle.

Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Aug 26, 2021

Cloud and Data Center are based on different code bases, so in most cases you will see features on Cloud that never makes it into DC, and in a few cases you will see the opposite.

I did find this app in the Marketplace, Roadmap Portal - Jira Service Management, that might be worth to take a look at.

Hi @Greg Myers ,

If you want to make all the issues visible for the external customers in Jira Cloud, you can set up a public forum with Customer Case for Jira app .

You can check how we use the app at Stiltsoft for arranging public forums. We also use this app as the support (private) platform instead of JSM.

Your customers can even vote for specific ideas on public forums. It can help with prioritizing your backlog. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Coming Soon: Insight Changing to Assets

The 2020 acquisition of Mindville added powerful asset and configuration management capabilities to Jira Service Management in the form of Insight. Following the completion of that integration, custo...

476 views 3 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you