• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

The 'Share' button is visible for all users, but some only get "No Results Found"

SD is configured to allow anyone to share by searching using email address. For most of our 2,100 users, when they select to 'Share', they can type into the "Share this request" dialog box and find and select users to share with.

A few people CANNOT select anyone. Regardless of what is entered into the 'Share this request' dialog box, all these users get is 'No results found'. I've administratively switched to several accounts and confirmed the behavior. Yet it works fine for the vast majority of users.

Anyone know what things I could look for about these few users that makes them different, i.e. prevents then from seeing any choices to share the SD ticket with?

2 answers

Hello @Ken Wood , can you confirm if you have below settings for customer permissions?

Screenshot_15.png
You mentioned you have "Any customer, by typing an email address" can you change it to "Any customer or organization, by searching in this project" and see if it helps.

First parameter, we have "Customer who have an account on this Jira site"

Second parameter is set to "Any customer by typing an email address"

We have been using this configuration for a long time - we have over 8,800 tickets in the system. 

The people having this problem do have accounts, and they are logged in. And for most all users that configuration has been and is still working.

Thanks for that info Ken, you need to change the second parameter to "Any customer or organization, by searching in this project"  to enable share option. See Customers can't see "Share" button on Service Desk issues , How do I give access to customers to share tickets 

Yes, I had seen that article, and several similar - but they CAN see the share button, that is not the problem. The problem is, when they click the Share button, they CANNOT select any other users. Conversely, other users also see the Share button, and when they start typing to select other users, they DO see other users. In other words, Share is available to ALL, but selecting someone to share with seems to vary.

So, there seems to be something else in play here.

Just a guess, but maybe its related to the "Browse Users" global permission?

Administration - > System -> Security -> Global Permissions

"Ability to select a user or group from a popup window as well as the ability to use the 'share' issues feature. Users with this permission will also be able to see names of all users and groups in the system."

Thanks, but all users have the proper permission.

Are you using Organizations?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

182 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you