Customers can't see "Share" button on Service Desk issues

Marcos Sanchez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2017

Hi,
I have a problem with my Service Desk (3.8.1). Customers can't see the "Share" button in Portal issues.
I checked Customer Permissions: "Who can customers share requests with?" is set as "Any customer or organization, by searching in this project", but still having this error.
What can I check or do? 

Thanks.

5 answers

9 votes
Heshan Manamperi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2019

Capture.JPGyou need to change customer permission to enable share option

PJ January 3, 2023

this worked, tested today and it fixed the issue. 

Like Freddy Sulbaran likes this
6 votes
Marc Keil July 5, 2018

I think we found the answer. Basically, what the "Share" Button is doing is modifying the "Request participants" custom field. So you need to check your Permission Scheme that the Service Desk Customer Portal Access role is allowed to Edit the issue.

Fixed it for us.

Best regards,

Marc

Yves Martin
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 5, 2018

Thanks for the hint. That is true we may think that custom user has only "create" and "comment" features when using portal...

4 votes
Avinash Singh July 31, 2018

Make sure the share setting are correct here:

https://yourdomain.com/servicedesk/admin/SER/request-security

Setup an organization or use the options 2 or 3.

0 votes
Marcos Sanchez
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2018

---edited---

0 votes
Lenard Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2017

Hi Marcos,

Does this happen to all customers in the project? Or only on selected customers? 

It'd be good if you could try on multiple users, across multiple browsers and devices so we could rule out browsers and browser extensions compatibility.

Regards.
Len

Marcos Sanchez
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 22, 2017

Hi,

It happens to all customers.
I tried in Chrome, IE and Firefox and doesn't works.

Anyway, I don't need this anymore because it will be done with a script in the future.

Thank you.

Like Omniworks Administrator likes this
Yves Martin
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2018

I face same issue: no customer can share issues... Only members of "jira-servicedesk-users" with Service Desk license granted show "Share" button.

I have found no clue or documentation that reports required permission in "permissions scheme" to get "Share" available.

Is "edit" permission required because of appending users in "Request participants" ?

Any hint about this permission issue ?

Like Anas Gueroihi likes this
Marcos Sanchez
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2018

Hi,

Nope, no hints about that.

Regards,
Marcos

Marc Keil June 27, 2018

Well, since others have the same question as well, why not leave it open?

:-)

Marcos Sanchez
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 27, 2018

Yes, you are right.

I didn't thought about that...

;) 

Yves Martin
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 27, 2018

I propose to check that concerned users are members of "Service Desk Customers" project role.

If not, you may register them all thanks to a single group.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events