Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team work flow optimizations

Idham Zainal August 30, 2021

Hi team,

Keen to get some insights on the following:

Background

We are currently using Service Desk to manage requests on a global basis. Our teams are located in 2 location - NYC and SG. Within Service Desk, we have also implemented office hours so as to pause SLA if a ticket is created outside of it.

Question

How do I set up a workflow where:

• If tickets are created within office hours and not assigned or there's no status change, it is assigned to the other office lead when it is outside the office hours

Keen to get your inputs :)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2021

Hello @Idham Zainal 

This is possible using Automation.

A simple automation rule can say that if the ticket is not assigned or not worked for 'X' hours, it will be assigned to someone.

This can be further customised and enhanced as per the business requirement.

Let me know if this helps and if you need further help in setting the automation rule.

Kindly accept the answers, if it helps resolve the query.

Idham Zainal September 1, 2021

Thanks! Let me take a look.

Idham Zainal September 7, 2021

@Gaurav can you give me an example of how it will look like with Automation? I am playing around with it but unfortunately am unable to find the solution to my request.

While we can look at "not assigned or not worked for X hours", I am looking at more of:

• If ticket is not assigned or status=in progress after 6pm EST, assign to SG
  • If ticket is not assigned or status=in progress after 6pm SGT, assign to NY

Looking forward to your response!

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2021

Hello @Idham Zainal 

The rule for this can be set up in the following manner:

1. Setup the trigger as Scheduled
  2. Use the JQL to identify the issue which fit the criteria
  3. Assign the rule to the appropriate assignee

This would require 2 separate rules, 1 for each time zone. The below screenshots capture the steps.

Let me know if this helps and if you need further help in setting the automation rule.

Schule Rule 1.JPGSchedule Rule.png

Idham Zainal September 13, 2021

Thanks @Gaurav I did the following set up and got this error message: 

• The rule has been configured with components that require issues to be provided by the trigger. You need to use the option to run JQL to provide issues. The following components require issues: JQL condition, Assign issue

Screenshot 2021-09-13 at 16.39.44.png

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2021

Hello @Idham Zainal 

The JQL can be added to the trigger step itself. Please refer to the below screenshot for this.

Time-based assignment.JPG

Idham Zainal September 14, 2021

it works thanks! @Gaurav 

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2021

Glad I could help!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events