Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Access Requests

Brandon Kofer May 14, 2024

Hi all,

Our IT Dept handles the intake of all system access requests via JSM, regardless of whether the apps are IT-managed. I would say 85% of our apps are managed by IT, but for those other 15%, we're communicating through other channels (ie: Email and Slack) to get access created. This obviously isn't very effective, and oftentimes, these communications get lost in the day-to-day, resulting in employees not getting the access that they need in a timely manner.

I am curious: does anyone have a similar situation that you overcame? I was thinking, maybe we need to have a project for each of those other departments that manage these systems (ie: Finance Systems, Billing Systems, etc). Maybe we just create a whole separate project for Access Requests with a mix of Admins from various departments as Agents. What I wouldn't want is to bring users from other departments into the IT Project as there are things that they shouldn't have visibility to. Appreciate any feedback.

1 answer

0 votes
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2024

Hey @Brandon Kofer 

This is a completely valid concern. Generally, other teams end up creating other projects for these other areas so as not to popularize a project that is already fully operational.

If your concern is access to IT team issues that these areas should not have access to, know that you can meet this need using Issue Security. With Issue Security, you can have a Security Level for IT, Finance, HR and any other area within your single project, simply assigning the Security Level according to the type of associated ticket.

The Security Level guarantees visibility completely limited to only people who are part of the applied scheme, for other people, they will not be able to see any information that is in an issue at a different security level than their permission.

Please, take a few minutes to read about this subject here: Create security levels for issues | Jira Service Management Cloud | Atlassian Support

But if you choose to create separate projects, know that this is not completely unrealistic either. Some teams actually continue to create separate projects for other non-IT areas and that's okay too, as long as you can organize and centralize your processes.

Kind Regards,

Fernando

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events