Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription on RFC form for requestor/initiator

Giorgi Tsitskishvili February 23, 2022

During RFC filling, we have some permanent users, who want to receive notification (list of expected implementations (email)) for example every day on 3 PM, for being in term of change/implementation and users, who are different according who created RFC (initiator/requestor).

First issue I can satisfy by creating filters, then create subscriptions (from Manage Filters) and fill according group (this groups need manage (add/remove users)).

But I have question: how can I notify initiator/requestor together with mentioned permanent users? 

maybe there is another way to satisfy me requirements

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2022

When you're using subscriptions, you are actually running a filter to find a list of issues to tell people about.

In a filter, you can do things like "and reporter = currentUser()", which would limit the report to the person getting the subscription.

Giorgi Tsitskishvili February 23, 2022

Thanks, 

This means that I can get correct filter, but my question is how to choose recipient (currentUser())?

1.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2022

You don't - currentUser() means "the person running the filter"

Giorgi Tsitskishvili February 24, 2022

This means responsible user will be able for self subscription.

I've tried to create schedule rule from project automation, but it has different visualization and requires big effort to customize it 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events