Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Extra Agent notifications when a responder is added (Opsgenie Integration) via Automation?

Erin Blomert October 21, 2021

This is quite a specific situation, and I know the Opsgenie Incident integration is quite fresh, but this seems like a quite the oversight to me.  I wonder if anyone has also had this issue or can help escalate?

I understand that Opsgenie is intended to reduce noise and make sure notifications are relevant but in these early stages I am finding that it sends a lot of extra notifications.

A simple example is that when an Assignee is added to an Incident, Jira emails the assignee about that, and then Opsgenie adds a responder alert for that same person and also emails them.

A more complex example:

1. I am the Assignee of a ticket.  I add an Affected Service to my ticket that has an Opsgenie responder team assigned to the ticket.  "Automation for Jira" then adds that team as a responder, and I get an email about it, even though I am the user that triggered the original action.  To top it off, the email itself is quite useless:

image.png

Anyone else experience this?  I am aware I can turn these notifications off, but then they are off for all task types for the entire project and that is less than desirable.

Thanks!

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events