Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status changes by me

Emma Ivarsson September 22, 2022

When a customer replies to a question, the status changes from Waiting for customer to Waiting for support. So far so good.

What I don't like is that it says I made the update. The history says "Emma Ivarsson changed the Status" and so does the email to the client. It looks like I'm tampering with the tickets.

How can I remove my name from this automated status change?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Emma Ivarsson September 26, 2022

Found the setting after having been pointed to How to change the "person" that triggered events s... (atlassian.com)

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2022

HI @Emma Ivarsson - The automation rule actor (set in the Rule Details) should be set to something generic like Automation for Jira

Emma Ivarsson September 22, 2022

Thanks @Mark Segall but this isn't a rule I created. I think it's in the workflow.

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

Unless your environment is using a marketplace add-on, automatically transitioning an issue would be done through Jira automation.  You should be able to see what automations are on your project here:

https://YOURINSTANCE.atlassian.net/jira/software/c/projects/YOURPROJECTKEY/settings/automate#

You may not have created the rule, but perhaps someone created one on your behalf? 

Emma Ivarsson September 23, 2022

I can't find any automation rules of the sort, but this is in the workflow:

ds.PNG

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2022

Apologies - Just re-read the question.  You're talking specifically about the history of the status change.  Not a specific comment being added automatically.

Since you're the one transitioning the issue, it will in fact show you in the history.  There are a couple options:

1. In the portal settings, you can change what statuses the portal user sees.  For example, maybe you only want them to see "In Progress" and not any other internal transitions.  This can be managed on your project by navigating to Project Settings >> Request Types.  For each request type, click the Workflow Statuses Tab and for any workflow status you don't want sending an update, you can rename the status to something else.  For example.  Rename Waiting for Support to In Progress.  This means that if you change the status internally, they will still see the status as In Progress and therefore no history that you changed the status.
  2. You can change your profile name to something generic or share a single account for all agents.  I've seen setups where they want changes/comments to be anonymous to the customer.

I hope this helps.

The thing is, it isn't me. I set up the project and I am the project lead, but I'm not working on the tickets at all. That's why it looks so odd in the tickets and emails. Alice and Bob are discussing an issue but this chick named Emma keeps changing the status back and forth.

I'm thankful for the suggestions but they don't work. I want the statuses to be clear to the customers and I want everyone to use their real names for traceability.

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2022

Oh interesting.  That takes me back to automation.  There has to be something there that is transitioning the issues with your account.  Automation is the only explanation.  Are you the Jira Admin for your instance?  If not, it is possible that the Jira Admin set something up as a global rule under your name.  The big thing is that there is an automation rule configured somewhere and for some odd reason, your account is set as the actor.

I am one of the admins. I guess one of the other admins could have set up something in my name but it seems unlikely. There could of course be a rule that is run by "project owner" or something. I'll ask around.

Emma Ivarsson September 26, 2022

Found the setting in Legacy automation.

Like Mark Segall likes this
Wyatt Best November 8, 2022

Thank you, @Emma Ivarsson! We were also experiencing this weirdness - regardless of who responded to a ticket, it looked like our CIO was updating the statuses.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events