Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint and Story Point in JSM?

Guy Renko May 23, 2024

Long time Kanban user. JSM admin for a little over a year.  

Recently set up a software project in Jira Software and watched a whole bunch of agile videos and kind of love Scrum, Sprints, Story Points.

I've been scoring service requests for years, but Sprints are a whole new level of transparency, especially since we have to plan on-site visit to 20+ locations.  

I know Jira Software and Jira Work Management are merging in to one platform shortly but anything in Jira Service Managment that could work a bit like Scrum and show point totals and burndowns?

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2024

It can be done, but you have to use a Jira Software project in order to do it. Our team is doing it for Tier III and Tier IV in order to plan internal projects. The filter for the board is bringing in requests from the JSM project if anyone from Tier III or Tier IVis assigned to it.

Guy Renko May 24, 2024

That's what I was thinking.  Backbone or Exalate to sync issues with a software project.

Is that what you guys are doing?

It's kind of hard to plan while in limbo with JS and JWM are rolling into one.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events