cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specific use cases on Jira INSIGHT

Aimane SBAI
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 6, 2023

Hello Atlassian community,

We are setting up a complex CMDB on Jira Insight (Asset Management) and I have some specific use cases that I was not able to resolve by my own. Can you please help me?

Use case #1 :

For a same objectType, can I make some objects available to everybody and others only for a specific group of users ?

Example : I have 3 servers 1, 2 and 3. User A should be able to see only Servers 1 and 2, but the user B can see the 3 servers.

How can we make it ? Without duplicating the objectType Servers and setting different role rights to each one.

Use case #2:

We would like to hide the Obsolete Servers for example. (Status = Obsolete)

How can we make all obsolete objects hidden when displaying the schema ? (without setting any role rights to a “obsolete” category …)

Hope to hear from you very soon.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Aimane

3 answers

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2023

Hi @Aimane SBAI,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Short answer on both use cases are no, you cannot hide specific objects for some users, nor can you hide specific objects based on status.

What you can do in the second use case is to filter out objects with a specific status, but that only applies to each user. 

0 votes
Björn Gullander Eficode March 20, 2023

In an Assets custom field it is possible to filter the content in (almost) any way you want. 

However viewing the objects in the object schema is more or less not possible. It is possible to open up certain object types to additional user groups, but you cannot restrict access. 

So in theory it would be possible, but I don't think it is a good idea. 

Björn

0 votes
Steve Letch March 8, 2023

You can hide objects based on a users group membership when viewed through a custom field, but not if they have User role in the schema itself.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events