Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Value for due dates = X amount of days from Parent Task's Due Date

Ben Weisman July 18, 2023

Hello,

I'm trying to create an automation where a set of sub-tasks are generated and given due dates based on the due date of the parent task. Is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2023

Hi Ben,

Yes, this is possible. Can you post the rule that you have so far showing the details of the Due date field in the sub-tasks? 

Basically, you want to put in the code for the Due Date for the sub-task to be {{issue.parent.duedate}}

@John Funk Hey John, how would I do parent's due date + 5 business days?

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2023

{{issue.parent.duedate.plusBusinessDays(5)}}

Thanks @John Funk , can you also do minus?

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 18, 2023

Yep

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 18, 2023

Add a Branch prior to Creating the Sub-task for Most recently created issue.

Then move the Sub-task under the branch.  

Like Ben Weisman likes this

@John Funk Getting this error Screenshot 2023-07-18 092807.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 18, 2023

DOH! Sorry, the branch should be Current Issue. 

Thanks @John Funk . Rule is succeeding but I'm still not getting a due date in the sub-task!

Confirming this is the correct smart value? {{issue.parent.duedate.plusBusinessDays(5)}}

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 18, 2023

Well, you can actually try  {{triggerIssue.duedate.plusBusinessDays(5)}}

That's the one @John Funk ! Thank you very much.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 18, 2023

Great! Glad we finally got there 😊

1 vote

Hey @John Funk I just gave it a try and despite it saying that the automation ran successfully, there is no due date on the sub-task.Screenshot 2023-07-18 090244.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 18, 2023

Can you share the entire rule?

And what is the value in the Parent?

I set the due date for the parent to today. @John Funk 

Screenshot 2023-07-18 091153.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL