cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing 2 unique filters in one chart

Arnold_ Ryan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 7, 2024

Hi all,

Trying to show a metric between issues on 2 different projects in a given month. Any tips on how to achieve this? Thanks in advance!

Project = [PROJECT_A] AND updatedDate>="2024-05-01" AND updatedDate<="2024-05-31"

Project = [PROJECT B] AND createdDate >="2024-05-01" AND updatedDate<="2024-05-31"

Given that these are two different projects, I want to see if it's possible to include them in one chart, filter, widget etc.

2 answers

0 votes
Arnold_ Ryan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 10, 2024

Thanks for the reply. I'm actually just looking for the count of each metric, but it looks like there isn't anything native in JIRA that allows this and unfortunately, my org doesn't allow third-party gadgets.

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2024

Hi @Arnold_ Ryan,

I see the two filters, but what is the metric in question and what is the calculation formula behind that metric?

Jira is limited when it is about such calculations. But the Advanced Issue Filter Formula gadget offered by our Great Gadgets app can be best the solution for your need. 

This gadget allows you to from simple (COUNT, SUM, AVERAGE ) to complex math formulas against the issues and/or the numerical fields of the issues from up-to 6 filters, and to calculate metrics, percentages etc by combining them in math formulas.

Here is an example that calculates the count of items in Filter 1 (Project A) and Filter 2 (Project B), and then calculates a simple metric that uses A+B formula. 

image.png

See more about this gadget (and the many others offered by the same app) in this article: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/App-Central/An-effective-dashboard-for-Service-Desk-and-Customer-Support/ba-p/2360369

You could start with a 1-month free trial. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at support@stonikbyte.com.

Hope this helps.

Danut.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events