Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings of SLA for Time to Resolution --> "Resolution : Set" --- Not working as expected.

Vinay Dhuri September 10, 2020

Hi Team,

ISSUE: 

I have set up SLA for "Time to Resolution" SLA and found that I am not able to getting the correct resolution Time. Even the issue gets resolved status, clock continues till it gets closed.

SETTINGS:

I have finish calculating the time as "Resolution : Set". 

QUERY:

1. Is there any other settings missing?

2. Second query is ---> Is "Resolution Set" act as a Super set of following status or I need to select these status individually to achieve this?

"Entered Status : Declined"

"Entered Status : Done"

"Entered Status : Resolved"

"Entered Status : Declined"

"Entered Status : Duplicate"

"Entered Status : Closed"

4 answers

0 votes
Fuji June 2, 2023

I have a very similar question, if anyone can help?

SLA breach A LOT. Condition: Is "Finish counting t... (atlassian.com) 

0 votes
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 14, 2020

Hello @Vinay Dhuri 

To check the calculation you can try an alternative solution SLA Time and Report. As Jira Service Desk has flexible conditions for SLA timer, but wе additionally work for Jira core and Jira software issues. You can set whether to calculate only the first cycle or all cycles(including the end one). Besides, you will have the ability to create escalation rules for each separate aim.

It will be helpful a lot if you are working with activities that depend on support (but which are not conducted in SD). Also, this add-on will help you monitor all the projects you have!

I hope it will be helpful

Best regards, Mariana

0 votes
Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 13, 2020

Hi @Vinay Dhuri ,

To cross check SLA calculations you can use Time to SLA app. (works for Jira Software, Core and Service desk projects)

You can define your SLA as Time to Resolution SLA, enter your pause statuses and end statuses like this:

A7543ED6-4AB4-467B-A3FD-5D7F2357CCC2.jpeg

Screen Shot 2020-09-13 at 12.28.40.png

After you have defined your SLA, you can regenerate just for the issue that you have inconsistent SLA calculation like this:

Screen Shot 2020-09-13 at 12.29.34.png

Time to SLA has many exciting features such as different calculation cycles, SLA Reset, detailed reports and so much more.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Cheers,

Gökçe

0 votes
Aline
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2020

Hi Vinay,

thank you for your questions. 

Jira identifies the resolution as set when the field "resolution" is filled out after a transition.

The best practices says that the resolution should be set on End-Status (Done - Category).

Once the issue life cycle is completed and the resolution is set, Jira will use the time the post-function (set resolution post-function) was set. 

In the service desk there is already a built-in "Time to Resolution" SLA. 

When you say the time is not correct, could you give us a concrete example ? 

Find more info about SLAs here : https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver/setting-up-slas-939926373.html

and here some best practices for the field "resolution" : https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/best-practices-on-using-the-resolution-field-968660796.html

Have a nice one & Cheers

A. 

Vinay Dhuri September 13, 2020

Hi Aline, thank you very much for your response.

Example : 

The following issue was created on 31st August 2020

The issue was resolved within 10 minutes.

PIC1.jpg

When I check the Time for resolution, it shows me following 71 hours and 51 minutes.

PIC 2.jpg

The settings done for SLA : 

PIC 3.jpg

Please suggest.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events