Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up success metric reports to see how you did up against another person using Playground?

Hannah Lemke September 9, 2022

Ideally we are looking to put together a report that shows how many tickets were marked to the status of Resolved/Closed between August 12th 2021-December 31st 2021. Then compare with a separate report that shows how many tickets were marked to a status of Resolved/Closed between January 1st 2022-May 12th 2022. Ideally we are trying to track performance to see if our team members are reaching their goals. 

The Catch: A lot of these tickets go into Pending Approval (fixed) before hitting resolved. We need a way to show those as well and not just the ones that were unresolved prior. 

Another Catch: We need to see the report based on the user who marked it into resolved not necessarily who the ticket was assigned to. 

We have Playground reports and are looking for advice on how to set this up using those reports instead of the normal Jira reports. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

@Hannah Lemke -

By default, you can utilize JQL filter creations to obtain your result sets that you desired.  Can you clarify what you mean by "user who marked the issue into resolved but not necessarily the issue assignee"?

Lastly, regarding to Playground reports usage - Since it seems to be an add-on and not out of the box from Atlassian, you should contact the vendor of the add-on for direct assistance.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Hannah Lemke September 9, 2022

Often times the assignee matches who is moving the ticket to resolved (Myself). But there are also times where the ticket assignee is not the one actually moving it. We need to see the movement (number of tickets) that go to resolved by said person. 

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

Unfortunately, out of the box - one can only see change the status changes conducted by via issue's history "Activity" section.  This "changed by" user information is not visible natively via JQL.

Customization will need to be implemented to capture the "changed by" user information into a custom field when issue is transitioned.  Only then, you will be able to obtain that information from the custom field via JQL for reporting.

Sorry.

Best, Joseph

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2022

@Hannah Lemke -

In regards to the customization, you can try the following by creating an Automation for Jira rule and use smart value syntax to populate the custom field based on issue transitioned.

Please try the following..

1) Create and setup a new custom field (single user picker data type) and applied it to your JSM project(s).  Example, adding it to the Issue View screen.

2) Create an automation rule triggered when issue is transitioned.  In my example - I triggered the rule to execute when issue moves from Waiting for Support into In Progress.

2022-09-09_8-57-21.png

3) As a part of the rule, I then edit the issue and set my field "Approver" to {{initiator.accountId}} (smart value).

Once the rule runs successfully, now I have a field where I can obtain the value using JQL.

For references on how to use Automation for Jira - https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-cloud-automation/

For references on smart values - 

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-users/  (Initiator section - it is the user who triggered the automation rule)

Hope this helps.  If my suggestions helped you, please click on Accept answer when you have a chance.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events