Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting a resolution

Drew Montagna February 21, 2024

Hello,

I'm trying to set a resolution for my 'DONE' status transition, but I'm not seeing the option after selecting the transition. I'm working with a Service Management project, General Service Management, Business Teams - Team Managed project.

See attached. It Illustrates the transition I am trying to configure. Resolution.png

2 answers

2 votes
Dexter de Vera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2024

Hi @Drew Montagna ,

Team manage project dont have field resolution. To solve it you can create Automation role instead.

Go to - Automation - Create role

image.png

Trigger: Issue transitioned - set from and to status

(Optional) Condition: Issue fields condition - Issue tpe (if its only for specific Issue type)

Action: Edit issue - Set the Resolution.

Then turn on the rule.

image.png

Hi Dexter,

I'm back in my projects' workflow.

I chose the transition I want the rule to apply to, but I don't see the rule as an option. 

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 9.22.54 AM.png

Dexter de Vera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2024

Please follow the instruction I gave. Go to project settings and click Automation not issue type workflow. You need to create automation rule, not in workflow.

0 votes
Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 21, 2024

Hi @Drew Montagna 

you need to add a Rule "Update an issue field". Remember to also clear the Resolution field when transitioning back out of a Done status. It works with the same rule.

Screenshot 2024-02-21 114511.png

Hi Rebekka,

My 'Transition Rule' window looks different than what you provided. Does it have something to do with the transition I chose? It's coming from a 'To Do' status: Delivered/Completed. See attached.Update.png

Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 21, 2024

Ah, sorry. You are in a team managed project. Resolution is not supported in Team managed projects. Check out this: Set Resolution Field for Team Managed Project Jira Issues | Jira | Atlassian Documentation

Okay, thanks.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events