Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set a notification delay

Katherine Stevens April 19, 2023

Hello,

I want to set up a notification delay for when a ticket is created.  I want a set a 3 minute delay from when the ticket is created (via email) to when that reporter will receive the notification that the ticket is created.

Reason, we have multiple email channels for our clients.  If I have to forward the email into Jira, then I want to change the reporter so my email doesn't get spammed with Jira notifications.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023

Hi @Katherine Stevens , unfortunately it is not possible to add such a delay into notifications - Jira in general doesn't really have any delay capabilities across the board.

One way I could think to resolve this is to disable the default notifications you get for a created issue, and then use automation rules to send the notification instead. This rule could be set to run on a schedule (e.g. every 5 minutes), search for all issues that have been created within the last 5 minutes (or however long you have set the schedule to) and send an email to the Reporter of each of these issues.

Either that or you could tweak your workflow slightly by adding in a new status directly after the initial status. You could then re-assign the report and transition it onto this new status, then change the configuration so that emails aren't sent upon creation, but are sent whenever the issue is transitioned into this second status.

Hope these suggestions help!

Katherine Stevens April 19, 2023

Thanks Callum,

I was just playing around with automation rules.  I found that if the reporter is changed, the new reporter doesn't get a notification that the ticket was created.  So, I created a rule to alert the new reporter about the ticket creation.  It didn't work, but I think it just need some tweaking. 

I think I can also make a rule in outlook to trash the jira notifications. 

Thanks for your help!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events