Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk Portal- All Users see entered Requests

Michele Zaben May 18, 2021

How can all users of the Service Desk Portal see all the Issues that have been entered by the Service Desk Customers in 1 specific project.

I have a group doing UAT testing, they want to be able to see all entered Request Items, not just their own issues.

Thanks- Michele

3 answers

0 votes
Ubaid Eusuf Zai May 23, 2023

Hi @Michele Zaben

I'm sure you would have solved the problem by now. I had the same issue and these below links helped me:

https://ABCXYZ.atlassian.net/jira/settings/products/jira-service-management-configuration

&

https://ABCXYZ.atlassian.net/jira/servicedesk/projects/TIS/settings/customer-permissions

Let me know how you managed to solve the problem. Would be interesting to know. 

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2021

Hi @Michele Zaben

what comes to mind is to group the customers into an "Organization". Doing so, they could share the requests raised so that their colleagues also can view them.

According to:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-service-management-evaluator-resources/jira-service-management-grouping-customers-into-organizations

Customers in the same organization can share issues with others in their Organization (see "Who can customers share requests with?"), see tickets shared with their Organization from their view when logging into your customer portal, receive notifications when other members of their Organization share requests with their Organization, or opt out of notifications if they like.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2021

Hi @Michele Zaben , I would start off by checking the project's permission scheme, especially the Browse Issues permission, and see what roles/groups/users have been added to this. If there are specific roles applied to this permission (and the 'Any logged in User' is not applied to it) then make sure that the users have been added to those project roles under Project Settings > People.

If the permission scheme looks okay, then I would see if any Issue Security Levels are in use for the project, as these may be preventing users from seeing issues that are not their own

Michele Zaben May 18, 2021

I have tried several things with permissions- still not working- if you go to Portal and select ALL- it doesn't give you all Service Requests by all Customers- only your items

Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2021

@Michele Zaben Ahh I didn't realise you meant from within the portal.

Unfortunately this is not possible from within the portal (see Angelica's answer explaining this here). The portal was designed simply as a way for customers to track their own requests, rather than all requests. To view all requests raised, this will need to be done within the main Jira product.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events