Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self service helpdesk setup is confusing

Thomas Wollburg October 21, 2020

The user guide on how to set up KB integration is totally confusing when it comes to the step about setting up a user that is supposed to be used for the Confluence access from the Jira Service Desk side. It should be possible to just create a user without valid email for this? Is it? Is there documentation for this somewhere?

Edit: this is the guide I found: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver/set-up-a-knowledge-base-with-confluence-cloud-1018775526.html

I ended up using a private account that happened to be an Atlassian account as well and after removing its access - as it looks like this step actually is not needed  as a Space can have anonymous access.

And it looks like a signed in user can have LESS access than an anonymous user account. That should not be possible.

Does anyone know about an actually usable guide for setting this up with search results coming up for FAQ and then allowing a user to submit a ticket?

Can tickets be submitted without logging in by just providing an email address?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2020

Hello Thomas,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Just to make sure that we are on the same page, I would like to confirm if you are using Jira Cloud or Server. I'm asking because the question is tagged as Cloud and the documentation that you posted here is for Data Center and Server. The steps mentioned in the documentation don't apply to Cloud. 

If you are using Cloud, you can set up a knowledge base where customers can access from the Service Desk customer portal.

You can also allow them to see Confluence pages by following the steps of the article below:

Please, check the documentation for more information about the knowledge base in Service Desk Cloud:

Can tickets be submitted without logging in by just providing an email address?

Yes, you can let your Customer portal public for customers to create tickets without logging in. 

First, go to Project Settings > Customer permissions (Classic) or Service Desk settings > Channels > Customer permissions (Next-gen). On this page, select the options below:

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 15.25.44.png

After that, go to Cog icon > Products > Configuration and select the option for customers to create their own accounts by signing up or sending a request and also for them to send requests without logging in:

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 16.05.55.png

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events