Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA only looking at first JQL statement. What am I doing wrong?

Gareth Jones October 14, 2022

I'm looking to tailor our 'Time to first response' SLA's in JSM Cloud, but I'm hitting some issues. I know the problem is me, but as I'm new to Jira I was hoping someone could be able to help.

I am entering the following as my SLA JQL:

"Ticket category" = Incidents AND Organizations = Internal OR Organizations = Charty AND "Impact[Dropdown]" = "Extensive / Widespread"

The problem I'm having is that it is only looking at the first JQL argument, Ticket category = Incidents.

What do I need to do to be able to have all the arguments taken into account? Specifically the choice of organisations.

Thank you very much :)

JQL SLA.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2022

It's because the way you ave constructed your JQL, currently is is set to look for incidents with the org set to internal OR any issues with org set to charty and with the impact set to Extensive/Widespread. The OR in your JQL is the important part, and you have to use () to get the right result. Your JQL should look like this instead:

"Ticket category" = Incidents AND (Organizations = Internal OR Organizations = Charty) AND "Impact[Dropdown]" = "Extensive / Widespread

This would look for incident with org set to either internal or charty, and have the impact set to Extensive/Widespread.

Gareth Jones October 14, 2022

Thank you so much, Mikael. That makes perfect sense to me now. The OR was joining two completely different queries, rather than just acting as an OR for the Organisation statement. 

Thank you for a clear explanation.

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events