Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA not generating in report correctly.

Bharath Sithian January 3, 2022

Hi,

I've created a few SLA's off of different calendars, but it doesn't look like Service Desk Manager is capturing the SLA's correctly.

The SLA's are determined once the Severity of a ticket is assigned and a status is moved from open to pending or work in progress

We have different SLA's based on times of day. I have pasted the SLA calendars and SLA's below.

• Calendars: Weekday Business Hours, Weekday Non-Business Hours, Weekends

Weekday Biz Hours Calendar.PNGWeekday Non Buinsess Hours.PNGWeekend Calendar.PNG

SLA's:--Once a severity has been associated with a ticket, these are meant to track time from when an issue is created to when the status is assigned to pending or work in progress, according to the different calendars.

Weekday Biz Hours SLA.PNGWeekday Non Biz Hours SLA.PNG

Weekend SLA.PNG

The problem I am having is when I am pulling reporting or looking at SLA's in the side window of the ticket field, I am getting the same performance across all SLA's, which doesn't make sense, given the ticket coming in at 1 time should only trigger one SLA.

For example, see the info on the ticket below.

For the below ticket, you can see all 3 SLA's have been checked off while the ticket was created at 03:17pm, aka during the Weekday Business Hours Calendar.

Ticket Example:

Created December 21, 2021, 3:17 PM

SLA Triggers.png

I would love any insight as to why all of the SLA's are being triggered when tickets are coming on under different schedules? I feel like this is the source of the problem and my set up might not be correct.

Please feel free to respond with any more additional info you need.

Thanks,

Bharath

1 answer

2 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2022

Hi @Bharath Sithian 

First of all, you have all the queries the same in all the SLAs which matches the issue against the corresponding query.

Technically the clock will be running when you have all the SLAs in place.

The time will reduce only when it is inside the calendar hours.

Now the report meaning is that for an issue that you are showing all the SLA's are met within the time frame and it doesn't matter if it is outside of calendar hours since the clock will be paused for outside working hours. The time will only reduce in case it is within the calendar hours. 

So basically what you are seeing is correct issue data.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2022

FYI,

To have different Calendars and SLA corresponding to the Weekday, Include the JQL only in one SLA and save it

Thanks for the note Pramodh.

Ok I think I follow what you are saying, however my goal is to have different SLA's triggered depending on when tickets come in AND severity has been assigned.

I do not want to create different severities depending on when a ticket comes in (this would mean agents would have 3 severity 0 choices for example.

How would you achieve my goals this using a constraint that an agent selects only 1 severity but we can use the ticket time to determine which SLA should be applied.

Also just to make sure we are on the same page--the SLA's vary in terms of required response time depending on when a ticket comes in and it's severity.

Thanks,

Bharath

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2022

Hi @Bharath Sithian 

That's Ok. You can still achieve the requirement

Use the JQL startofWeek() which is Sunday as a reference point and go on adding the Goals in only one SLA. That should do the work.

Order must be keenly checked before you do any changes

First, it should check whether is it Sunday then Monday, again whether is it working hours or non-working hours. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Pramodh

i added the goals in 1 SLA like the following, is that what you meant? I also got the following error as well.

Please let me know if I'm doing this correctly or how my approach is incorrect! 

one SLA.PNG

Error.PNG

@Pramodh M if you can provide a sample JQL language it would be really helpful. I'm not sure how I would handle referencing different calendars, severities, and time goal.

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2022

Hi @Bharath Sithian 

You need to create support ticket in order to have more goals,

Please follow the link below for adding the goals for a specific calendar

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/SLA-based-on-different-calenders/qaq-p/603799

Thanks,
Pramodh

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events