Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA based on different calenders

Deleted user June 30, 2017

Hi guys,

I just created my first support project and I want to define the SLAs.

The SLAs differ between working days, weekends and emergency (night) tickets.

During weekdays priorities can be 1, 2 or 3.

During weekend and night time, we only work on priority 1 tickets.

Somehow it seems, that Jira doesn't care which calender is associated to an issue severity, it just takes the first result from the "Issues (JQL)" column.

The SLA setup looks like this:

Prio 1 - 2h - Weekday

Prio 1 - 3h - Weekend

Prio 1 - 3,5h - Night

Prio 2 - 4h - Weekday

Prio 3 - 8h - Weekday

Now if a ticket is created on the weekend with Prio 1, it is still set as Prio 1 weekday and the SLA starts to count on Monday...

Thanks in advance!

Max

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2017

Hi Max,

Your SLA definitions are based on JQL criteria. In order for this to work, you should make sure you have distinct selections as a basis for your SLA management. Your first 3 examples are identical.

So try to determine the calendar at issue creation (e.g. based on time / date of creation) and set the SLA calendar to use in a label or a custom field. Then use that custom field in the JQL of your SLA definition:

Priority = 1 and Calendar = Weekend

fiorellasantopietro July 21, 2017

Hi Walter,
thanks for your answer, it was useful for me too.

Do you have any idea of how it is possible to translate "calendar = weekend" in JQL language?

Thanks in advance,
Fiorella

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2017

Hi @fiorellasantopietro,

The trick is not so much in the JQL. What I would suggest is that you use a custom field named something like SLA Calendar in your Service Desk project that you use to set the time of creation. It might have values like:

• Office hours
  • Night
  • Weekend

Depending on how you use SLA calendars at your organisation. You can use a post function and a script (e.g using Scriptrunner) to set the SLA Calendar value based on the time of creation. I am not a script wizard myself, but you can definitely find inspiration on how to do this online.

As soon as you have this data, your JQL part for the actual SLA's becomes very straightforward:

Priority = <whatever> and "SLA Calendar" = Weekend (simply the value(s) from your custom field.

fiorellasantopietro July 24, 2017

Hi @Walter Buggenhout,

Thanks a lot for your answer :)

Have a nice day,

Fiorella

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events