Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing based off cascaded selection

Michael June 10, 2024

Hi, 

Multiple teams are using the same service desk, and I'm seeking the best method to route requests based on a cascaded selection. I have a custom field called "customer service team" with two options, which I want to populate based on the selection from the cascaded field. Unfortunately, I can't use cascaded fields in JSM automation. Does anyone have a solution or a workaround idea?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2024

@Michael -

Hi Michael:

Actually you can use Automation setup against Cascade select field data type.  What you will need to use is the concept of SmartValue in automation + the condition testing will be based on "smart value" conditions (also previous known as Advanced Comparison condition)  to test for the criteria 

2024-06-10_11-20-01.png

For the parent value -

{{issue.customfield_xxxxx.value}}

For the child value -

{{issue.customfield_xxxxx.child.value}}

Once you try it out, you should be able to setup the necessary actions to fire when the conditions match.

Here is the reference guide for using Smart Values - https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/smart-values-in-jira-automation/

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Frederic Wolf
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2024

Hey @Michael ,

@Joseph Chung Yin was a little bit faster then me, but i want to provide some more explanation and example.

I have a Request Type which is using an cascading for type of damage (Schadenstyp), which is customfield_11595.

2024-06-10 22_33_48-Audit log - Automation - Depot Support - Jira und 5 weitere Seiten - Geschäftlic.png

So you can simply add the combinations in an if/else and choose the actions you need.

Would be nice to have a second if/else level, but we do not, so you have to run through all combinations you have and add the actions you need.

Michael June 10, 2024

@Joseph Chung Yin @Joseph Chung Yin 

Both suggestions worked great

Thanks you 

Like Frederic Wolf likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin