Routing Tickets to a Team based on Location

Steven ls August 30, 2021

Hi there,

I am looking at JSM now as a potentially new ITSM solution and have an initial question about ticket routing.

Currently in our system if a ticket comes in from the portal or via email depending on where the user is in Active Directory the ticket is routed through to the Support team at that geographic location (Sydney, LA, Singapore, Vancouver).  Is this sort of thing possible in JSM also.  

So there would be a first and second level team for each location, Sydney tickets would go to the level 1 team, Singapore tickets would go to the Singapore teams queue so on and so forth.

Not sure where to look to find this sort of routing information.

Thanks.

1 answer

2 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2021

Hi @Steven ls ,

Not sure if there's a mechanism to check with a field to trigger off of. However, if you have a user select their location from a drop down. You can create a Jira automation rule to use that location field, and route the ticket accordingly.

Hope this helps.

-Ben

Steven ls August 30, 2021

Thanks @Benjamin  I'll do some reading about the automation for this.

Like Benjamin likes this
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2021

You welcome. Here's the starting point in documentation for automation.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/automate-your-jira-cloud-processes-and-workflows/

Also, there is a Jira automation group here that you can join. Look under products. 

-BEn

JP January 3, 2023

hi, @Steven ls Curious if you ever got an answer for this question?  I have the same, since I have five locations across the US.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events