Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve monitor information with Insight Discovery

Tyler Seabridge June 7, 2021

Good Afternoon,

So I am trying to figure out how to pull monitor data using the Insight discovery tool.

From what I am seeing, I should be able to run a scan using Powershell and therefore query info from the device using PowerShell. But, when I attempt to run a PS pattern, no results appear in the log or scan files. 

To make sure that anything was working, I ran both the normal printer pattern alongside the PS monitor pattern and could receive info for the printers but nothing would return for the monitors.

The standard monitor pattern isn't robust enough, so I am attempting to modify it with little luck on my own.

1 answer

0 votes
Gustavo Delazari Borges
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2022

Hi @Tyler Seabridge 

I've recently tried Discovery Windows_Peripherie_Monitor pattern on a PC and it retrieved the following information according to the scan log:

Generic PnP Monitor

Since this data is too generic, I would like to use a better pattern for monitors. Any chance you are using one?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events