Resolution date is blank

Renan Rodrigues Souza July 5, 2022

The resolution date is blank even after corrections. Is there any way to pull the date of a specific status other than the resolution date?

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2022

@Renan Rodrigues Souza -

Resolution Date field gets populated when resolution value is set.  This is done via your WF's configuration (i.e. when issues move into a terminal status - "CLOSED"/"DONE" etc).

This setup is critical to how JSM works with issues, so you will need to ensure the WF is configured properly. 

In regards to your second question of "pull the date of specific status", can you provide more context?  It sounded that you want to obtain the date when an issue moves into a specific WF status.  Please advise.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Renan Rodrigues Souza July 5, 2022

For example: In the attached image, the system recorded the status date "request cancelled", so I need to know where I can export that specific date. It is possible?MicrosoftTeams-image.png

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2022

So, "request cancelled" is a WF status right?  If so, the best way will be to create a custom date field for your issue and then use automation for Jira to populate it when issues move into that specific status.

It is because what you captured in the issue activities page, it is part of issue activities audit history, so it will be difficult to pull the date information from the history.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events