Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset issue key

James Hu November 9, 2022

Hi,

I am new to JSM. Our company want to migrate customer service from an ERP to JSM. I am in the process of set up enviroment and testing.

We have created a few test issues in the new project and after test import issues from CSV. The issue key now start from xxx-5000000. My question is after the testing period, we need to delete all test issues. If the new issues key starts from xxx-5000001, is there any way to reset from xxx-1?

Thanks for help.

Regards

James

3 answers

3 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2022

@James Hu -

Hi James:

Unfortunately not, it is because the counter/index is maintained in the DB backend and cannot be or manipulated to change it.  I would recommend you to create a new project using the same project configuration of your existing one, then conduct your actual issue import via CSV when ready.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your comment. Is there a way to clone a project in JSM cloud? I thought that would be easier to have a new project.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2022

@James Hu -

Yes.  You just need to check the "Share settings with an existing project" option during your new project setup where essentially using the configuration of your test JSM project. 

NOTE - The only thing you need to know that once it is done, then any change done in the configuration will impact both projects.

2022-11-09_20-24-42.png

Best, Joseph

Like James Hu likes this

Hi Joseph,

Thanks. May I know where is the add project screen from? When I create a new project it shows from project template screen.

image.png

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 10, 2022

@James Hu -

Hi James:

You can just select the one of the choice listed, then the next screen will give you the option to create a project using an existing project configuration.

Best, Joseph

Like James Hu likes this
James Hu November 10, 2022

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your explain. Appreciated your help.

Regards

James

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2022

There is no way to do this on Cloud, other than asking Atlassian to clobber the database for you (and I don't think they do that outside large migration scenarios for which they, or a partner, would be working with you)

Thanks Nic.

3 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2022

Hi @James Hu ,

As far as I know, you cannot reset the Issue Key on Jira Cloud.

Try to create a new project and use it to import the data you need or move issues between projects.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Reset-Issue-Key-on-Jira-Cloud-Environment/qaq-p/1436601

Thanks Ollie,

Is there a way to clone a project in JSM cloud?

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2022

clone project issues or clone project settings?

clone project with same settings

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2022

@Joseph Chung Yin  has given you some solutions in the previous answer, of course you can also try some clone plugins for free, such as

Deep Clone for Jira

Backbone Issue Sync for Jira

Like James Hu likes this
James Hu November 10, 2022

Thanks Ollie.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin