Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required Time Tracking Field at Resolution Screen

Elif Alverson January 23, 2023

Hello, 

I would like to make " Time Tracking" field required at resolution screen only if it has not been filled out before. I am told to use WF condition/validation fields. I created a condition and resolutions - please see below - unfortunately it does not work. It does not let the user to resolve their tickets even though they log their time in. Transition Failed error message occurs no matter what the time tracking status is. Please help! Thank you. Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 12.49.54 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-01-23 at 1.40.27 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-01-23 at 1.40.43 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-01-23 at 1.40.38 PM.png

1 answer

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2023

@Elif Alverson -

In your WF transition, did you configure a pop-up screen to present the field?

Screen configuration sample -

2023-01-23_11-10-45.png

The pop-up screen will look like something below (in the example log time is required when issues move to RESOLVED status)

2023-01-23_11-10-21.png

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

@Joseph Chung Yin , there is a resolution screen pops up every time an assignee tries to resolve a ticket. In that screen time spent field is required for a user to close an issue. This set up does not include any WF conditions/validations.

The reason I wanted to add conditions/validations is to remove "time spent " requirement if the assignee already filled up time tracking field.

The problem I am experiencing now is ; error message "fill up the time tracking" pops up and an assignee is not resolve the issue even though they filled up the time tracking field. (I removed the screen so that there is no conflict.) 

Any suggestions?

Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 2.43.42 PM.png

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2023

@Elif Alverson -

The pop-up screen that I provided is just an example.  It doesn't have to do with resolving an issue.  So, you just need to create a custom transition pop-up window for time spent and then associate it with your transition in your WF.

In transition setup, if you make the validator to require time spent, then it will make this action required at the time of transition regardless if the users have already provided time logging prior to the transition action.  

Hope this makes sense.

Beset, Joseph

@Joseph Chung Yin , thank you for your quick response. I already have the required time spent field at the resolution screen regardless of if the assignees log their time in or not.

The request was to remove the required - time spent field if the assignee already logged their time before the resolution screen. 

I am not sure how your solution makes this request work, could you please help me to understand? Do you suggest me to create screens for other transitions such as in progress, pending, reopened etc.? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events